It’s time for my 5th semester project and this time I will be building a drone price comparison website called dronepris.dk. I will be building the website with my good friend Christian Schachner, who is a brilliant web developer. Check out swautomation.dk if you want to see our latest work.
Christian and I have been working together for the last couple of months(internship cs degree) at my company TB Coding, where we have been doing a lot of web development. It made perfect sense that we should make the final project together.
Here are some of the reasons why we decided to build a drone price comparison website.
- Good affiliate campaigns.
- Niche site – there not that many drone sites in Denmark.
- The domain name was available – a lot of search on drone pris in Denmark.
- I have been working with affiliate marketing for the last couple of years.
- I have been training Christian in affiliate marketing for the last couple of months.
- The possibility of making passive income in our final project.
- Learning opportunities
- Web crawler
- Real case
We decided to use the content management system Umbraco, because we both wanted to program in .NET and we don’t have to spend so much time on the CMS. Our main focus is the web crawler and the business itself. I update the prices on my other websites manually, so I think some knowledge about web crawling can help my affiliate business grow even more by automating the process.